Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Introduction

So I decided after reading, enjoying, researching and analyzing hundreds of blogs for school, work and my own pleasure to start my own. My friend Marissa and I have always joked about me writing a book about my life's stories/experiences and including a recipe with each one. Hence "Food For Thought". Well, at 24, I feel I haven't yet lived enough to write a book so we'll start with a blog. So we'll see how this works out. Hopefully it will entertain, inspire and feed whoever reads this.

Let's see, a little about myself. As I said, I'm 24, a SoCal girl born and raised (Camarillo, 805!). I currently reside in San Diego but have been aching to move elsewhere for a while (though I do really do agree this is America's Finest City). I recently graduated this past May from San Diego State University with a major in Communications, emphasis Media Studies and a minor in Psychology. I work as a marketing intern for a genetics company that does home DNA testing and am figuring out what my future holds with them. This week is actually significant because I have a job interview with a local PR Company so we'll see how that goes!

I describe myself as a walking contradiction (which I think most people are). I am simple and laid back, yet also complicated and embrace the Type A in me. I am EXTREMELY sarcastic, outspoken, blunt, open-minded, a realistic-optimist, cautious yet also an open book (I wear my heart on my sleeve). I love my family, my adorable cat-who-acts-like-a-dog Bella, my friends, chocolate, cheese and blankets. I like good books, music in general and have an unnatural ability to know and recall entertainment trivia.

Ok, enough about myself. You'll see/read enough about who I am through this blog. Plus, I kinda feel like I just described myself for either a job or an Internet dating service. All that is left to say is this is a blog for self-discovery, memories and a chance to tell the random and funny things that happen in my life. And to share some yummy recipes. Oh, and btw, I'm a pescetarian (vegetarian that eats fish) so for those meat-eaters just sub. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment